Trusted Builders offer the full range of roof repairs for homes, commercial and agricultural properties
When to Repair Or Replace your Roofing
Roofing repairs can be as simple as fixing a loose nail or as complex as replacing the whole roof. Keep in mind that you need a well-maintained roof to protect your house from natural hazards like fire, hail, rain, excess heat, snow, and more. Before repairing or replacing a roof, it is important to know the types of roof materials that exist and subsequently determine which one will best fit your environment and specific needs. Such include:
- Natural rubber
- Concrete and clay tiles
- Metal roof
- Wood shingles
- Asphalt shingles, etc.
Your roofing might get damaged due to extreme temperatures among other named hazards hence requiring repair.
When to repair or replace your roof
- Absent or cracked shingles: If your rooftop appears bumpy because one or more shingles are missing or cracked up, it’s time to dial a roofer for a quick roof replacement. If a single or two shingles are cracked, the roofer might replace the damaged components rather than the entire roof. Shingles can crack or fall off when the asphalt shrinks.
- Age of your roof: A roof should have a 20 to 25 years lifespan. If your roof has been in existence for more than 25 years, it’s advisable to get it replaced lest the rain causes damage to your living room. Some manufacturers may guarantee 30 years minimum roof lifespan. Ensure to confirm such details from your retailer or the manual that accompanies the roofs.
- Light and water holes in your attic: If the hole in your roof is tiny enough to pass light into the attic, it’s big enough to allow water entry during a rainy day. This doesn’t necessarily require an entire roof replacement; a simple repair will suffice./li>
- Faulty chimney: It is important to repair or replace your chimney before it ruins your roofing. If the chimney crown is damaged, it can cause efflorescence, which manifests through white stains around the bricks. Also, tar and cement can cause the roof surface to start decaying. The worst bit is that a damaged chimney can cause a fire outbreak.
Sometimes you may not have sufficient knowledge regarding roofing, which is why it is recommended that you reach out to a professional roofer to advise you on what roof types you should consider. This is where our services come in handy; we will essentially conduct an inspection to ensure that your roof is in good condition and if not, repair your rooftop.
Our roofing experts are conversant with:
- Felt roofs
- Chimney builds and repairs
- Fascias and Soffits
- Flat roof repairs
- Gutter repairs and services
- Industrial roofing
- Roof tiling
- Slate roofing
- Roof cleaning
Contact us for more information on our roofing services and get a free estimated quote for the specific service you require.